Q. What are the rules of the house?
A. RIA works very hard to maintain a healthy, enjoyable, productive, and sober living environment. This requires a set of rules. To live in an RIA house, you must follow the rules or you will be asked to leave. The rules are simple and made clear upon application for housing. Some of the rules are as such…
- No alcohol or drugs will be tolerated. Zero.
- Must have legal employment.
- Must attend regular recovery meetings (4/wk minimum).
- One of the meetings should be your home group and you should have a service position there.
- Must have sponsor and maintain contact with him/her (4/wk minimum).
- Attend weekly house meeting.
- Abide by house curfew.
Q. How does the application process work?
A. Along with the standard requirements for application, our admittance process consist of a face to face interview with the other men in the house, during a mandatory weekly house meeting. This is the applicants opportunity to present his history, goals and ask any questions about the house and RIA's expectations. The current clients will then vote on the applicants admission. Proof of employment and 12 step sponsor attendance is required at the interview.